The duty of a prosthesis technician
The work of orthotic prosthetists is not merely the production of artificial limbs replacing lost limbs caused by accidents, illness or war but also by making the artificial limbs a part the connected person’s body. In the curriculum, students will learn techniques to make “prosthetic limbs” and “orthopedic instruments” to help rehabilitate patients who have lost limbs.
Our university is dedicated to the training of international human resources for health in order to support the enhancement of human autonomy and coexistence based on the School’s Founding Mission and different Health demand in practice, on the basis of fosters knowledge and practical capacity of each profession.
- Graduates have a diverse and integrated understanding of people, professional ethics and the ability to build good relationships between people.
- Based on scientific evidence, students acquire knowledge and skills that are highly specialized in responding to the mutation of diseases , the needs of the social and ethical needs of safety and wellbeing, the quality of medical care as well as the ability to make professional prosthetics production of high quality and safe.
- Based on the social system, graduates have the capacity to connect and collaborate with other professional fields such as health care – health – welfare related to regional health care and Home treatment
- Student graduates become people who always respect social culture – human values; Capable of supporting the maintenance and enhancement of health; Disease prevention
- In addition to improving the quality of the orthopedic equipment industry, graduates can cultivate themselves to fit the development of global society.
The University’s graduation requirements are stipulated as follows:
|General education knowledge||Over 28 credits|
|Sector’s basic knowledge||Over 40 credits|
|Specialized knowledge||Over 53 credits|
|Total (mandatory credits)||Over 121 credits|
※In addition to the compulsory subjects above, students have 8 chosen credit courses.
(1) Have studied at the school for 4 years or more
(2) Accumulate sufficient amount of knowledge (compulsory credits) from 121 credits or more, to be graded on the graduation examination. Students who meet all above requirements are awarded with Bachelor of Science in Prosthetics Orthotics.
(3) English requirement for graduation:
English: Level B1 or equivalent B1 according to European reference frame
Japanese: Level N4 JPLT